FEBRUARY 2022 PLAZA AESTHETICS & WELLNESS NEWSLETTER PUCKER UP! TREAT THE ONE YOU LOVE WITH A VALENTINE’S DAY GIFT CARD FROM US!
5 WAYS TO KEEP YOUR SKIN MOISTURIZED THIS WINTER
When the cold weather hits, all we want to do is stay warm. Many of us forget that our skin needs extra TCL in the winter months. Skin is made up of three layers — the outer layer (epidermis), the underlying skin (dermis) and the subcutaneous tissue. If the outermost layer of the epidermis doesn’t contain enough water, skin will lose elasticity and feel rough. In general, anything that causes loss of water and reduces barrier function of the top layer of skin, or stratum corneum, can lead to the feeling of dry skin. Exposure to outside irritants such as chemicals, solvents, detergents, and excessive water can make skin dry. Other things that can dry skin out are fragrances such as perfume, excessive bathing or swimming, and even certain weather conditions. Low humidity, cool air and dry winds are drying for the skin. We typically see dry skin in the winter when all these factors are playing a role. Below are 5 ways to keep your skin moisturized during the long winter months.
- Moisturize, Moisturize, and Moisturize – Adding in medical grade skincare products such as Trio Rebalancing Moisturizer by Skin Better Science will get you through the dry months. Trio is a high-performance, triple-action formula that helps to bring moisture and hydration balance back to skin. What makes Trio unique is its ability to bind to the fat layer of the dermal epidermal junction, ensuring a deeper penetration of your moisturizer. Trio supports healthier-looking skin, resulting in improved appearance of skin radiance, suppleness, and smoothness. You will notice visible improvement in the look of fine lines, wrinkles, and skin dryness.
- Get a Humidifier – Winter—and just change of weather in general—does all the things to your skin. And even if you’re slathering on a really good moisturizer twice a day, that thin layer of lotion will only get you so far when the dry air is actively pulling water from your skin. The fix? investing in a humidifier, adding moisture to the air will assist in adding hydration in your skin.
- Using and Drinking Water – If you’re looking to maintain hydrated skin avoid prolonged contact with hot water. Avoid using deodorant soap and skin care products that contain alcohol, fragrance, retinoids, or alpha hydroxy acid. Moisturize immediately after taking a bath or shower or washing your hands. There are multiple benefits to drinking adequate water most notably to improve your overall daily performance, energy and brain function. The average healthy person should drink 60 oz of water per day to maintain proper hydration during the winter. There are multiple medical conditions where you may need to limit or increase your water consumption. Please consult with your primary care physician to see how much water you should be consuming daily.
- Turn Down The Heat – When temperatures dip or when you’re blasting your heat, so do humidity levels. The drop causes roughness and flaking on your skin’s outermost layer. The higher the heat the dryer the skin. A humidifier, however, emits moisture (usually via a mist) to get your space to the optimal humidity sweet spot: between 40% and 60%.
- Relax with a Face Mask – Adding a moisturizing facial mask to your skincare routine can make a world of difference. Using harsh facial scrubs and cleansers during the winter can increase the chances of dry skin by stripping it of its natural oils. Try switching over to a gentle facial cleanser, we recommend Hexam by Vivier Pharma, and follow up with a mask. Take 10 minutes of your day to relax with a light facial mask that’ll wrap your skin in essential hydrating ingredients. We recommend Ultra Hydrating Mask by Vivier Pharma, a luxurious mask that helps re-hydrate the skin while helping to diminish the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Once you’ve removed your mask, apply a rich moisturizer to your face and avoid products with fragrances or alcohol.
GET YOUR PERFECT POUT RESTYLANE KYSSE
FDA approved hyaluronic acid (HA) lip filler with XpresHAn Technology™ to enhance your natural beauty
HALO SPECIAL FOR $1200 20% OFF ($300 VALUE)
Signs of sun exposure and the wear and tear of everyday living may have resulted in the visible signs of aging such as sunspots, fine lines and wrinkles, acne scarring and the loss of your natural healthy glow. HALO uses customized laser technology to precisely target and eliminate skin damage revealing a more youthful, radiant appearance.
BOOK NOW TO GET THAT HALO GLOW
XEOMIN SPECIAL OR 20% OFF AND A $50 VISA GIFT CARD WITH PURCHASE OF 100 UNITS OR MORE
*Some exclusions may apply. Offer is not valid with any other discount, Gift Certificates or Plaza Premium Membership.
AESTHETICS PRODUCTS OF THE MONTH
HYDRAPLUMP LIP SERUM
- Stimulates lips to help create fuller, more plump lips improving volume
- Enhances natural lip color creating a rosy pout
- Visibly improves the appearance of lip lines
- Increases lip hydration after a single application
- Provides long-lasting moisturization
AESTHETICS PRODUCT OF THE MONTH
24 Carat Gold Lip Mask*
*will be placed as an add on to any aesthetic service
AESTHETICS SPECIAL PERK LIP TREATMENT
Lightly plumps lips
Gently exfoliates to smooth lips